What Is Future Proof?
We're glad you asked!
- PEOPLE WANT TO EXPERIENCE THINGS IN MORE THAN JUST ONE FORMAT.
- Whether it’s over a broken website, a support hotline, or a fake convention, we like to tell stories in unique and different ways, capitalizing on the strength of IP over format.
- EVERYONE DESERVES TO HAVE FUN.
- We don’t settle for just a broadway audience, an indie film audience, an internet fanbase, etc., instead we try to make things accessible to as many folks as we can.
- IMMERSIVE IS HERE TO STAY, AND HAS INFINITE POTENTIAL.
- Telling stories is a core part of being human, and more and more these days audiences want to be a part of them. Immersive entertainment is at the cutting-edge of that mindset; No matter how shiny the goggles or hi-definition the new graphics card, there will always be a place for characters you can talk to, and for them to talk back.
- GROUNDBREAKING IMMERSIVE, BOUNDLESS EXPERIENCES.
- For Future Proof, there is no ‘right’ way to tell a story, just cool ways to do it. We believe in providing as many different experiences as possible to engage with material, whether it’s from the comfort of your own home, or in the depths of a world we’ve built in a specific place.
- BUILD WORLDS
- We create universes that start from the minute you buy a ticket, and lasts for as long as you want on as many platforms as we can reasonably sustain.
- Make content that feels as ‘real’ as possible, even if the subject matter is ridiculous.
- CREATE ACCESSIBLE SHOWS
- While we are running a business, we want as many people as possible to see and experience our stuff, and that means we keep our prices low, and do as much as we can to keep things engaging for a general audience.
- MAKE SURE THE AUDIENCE HAS A GOOD TIME.
- Regardless of the style and tone of a given show, the main goal is to make sure audiences are entertained.
- Unless buying a Drink or Merch, You should never have to leave your seat to have a good time until the attraction has come to a Full, and Complete stop.
- Accepting that all things are derivative in one way or another, and embracing it. Building elements based off of already-known tropes and aesthetics makes it easier to dive into the deeper end!
- Never use the works of others - even corporations - without express permission and attribution, unless reasonably falling under 'fair use,' 'public domain,' or parody law. We make our own things as much as we can.
- Entertainment! Showmanship!
- We never “punch down” at the expense of issues regarding race, gender, sexuality, et. al. unless it is in the service of recognition of their struggles from an appropriate perspective or creator.
- Never settling for anything less than the best!
- Providing 110%, and Giving 110%
- Collective, collaborative creation - there are no gods here.
- 20-year moratorium on current events/memes/in-jokes/celebrities/anything contemporary without majority approval.
- True immersive requires research and planning, especially when creating period pieces or aesthetics.
- Make cool stuff.
- We produce all of our physical and digital content in-house, for our content.
- We do not engage in commissions, activations, etc. unless we really like the project and think it is in-line with our mission and values; We are not a rental studio.
- Constantly expand and develop 'cutting edge' tech to suit our designs.
- Make sure all staff, cast, and crew are paid fair wages and provided reasonable working hours.
- Stretch our budgets to the maximum reach they can take - make a lot with a little.
- Don't beat a dead horse, but extend a joke as far as it needs to go.
- Critically hammer at our content until it is more than "good enough."
- Work hard, have a good time doing it.
- Kill all darlings and make sure only the strongest of concepts survives the culling.
- Turn negatives into positives.
- Take a joke, and dish one out in return.
- We only make announcements when things are ready, and only promise things we can deliver.